Super Bowl 2014
Alex Burrows is back – and so is his football knowledge.
The man we call Burr is as excited as anyone on the Canucks for Super Bowl Sunday and he talks the talk when it comes to fantasy football, but what about reality football?
Burrows made his selections for Sunday in the Fort Nucks Oh You Think You Know Football Super Bowl Picks and you can too. Download the .PDF here, here and here, keep track of how you do and we’ll see who has bragging rights come Monday, you or Burrows.
Kickoff is 3:30 p.m PST Sunday, so make your picks now. Like right now. As in, stop reading this sentence and CLICK HERE for the .PDF.
ALEX BURROWS’ SUPER BOWL PICKS
1. Will it take Renee Fleming 2 minutes and 20 seconds or longer to sing the National Anthem? Timer starts at “O” and ends at the last note of “Free”. Any screw ups, missed lyrics, or restarts in between do not matter.
2. Will Knowshon Moreno cry during the singing of the National Anthem?
3. Call the coin toss.
4. Team to score first in the game.
5. The first score of the game will be?
Field Goal or Safety (+11)
6. Will there be a score in the first six minutes of the 1st quarter?
7. Will the team that scores first win the game?
8. Will player who scores first touchdown have a jersey number above or below 79.5?
9. The first turnover of the game.
No Turnovers (+19)
10. Team to commit the first turnover in the game.
11. Second quarter, under 10 minutes left, the first ad in the next commercial break is for:
Food (Pizza, burgers, chips, yogurt, etc.) (+10)
Technology (Mobile device, search engine, internet service, etc.) (+10)
Financial Services (Insurance, investing, credit card, etc.) (+10)
(Note: Tires are Other, not Car/Truck. e*trade is a Financial Service, not Technology.)
12. Will either team score in the last two minutes of the 1st half?
13. Will Bruno Mars wear a hat during the halftime show?
14. Will Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers play a song on stage at the same time?
15. Will any Red Hot Chili Peppers member be shirtless during the performance?
16. Will there be a lead change in the second half? Must be a lead change, no ties.
17. Will a special teams or defensive TD be scored?
18. The longest field goal made in the game will be:
1 - 32 yards (+12)
33 - 39 yards (+10)
40 - 46 yards (+8)
47 - 53 yards (+10)
54 or more yards (+12)
No Field Goals made (+15)
19. Will Peyton Manning say “Omaha” more than 27.5 times during the game?
20. Will either team score in the last three minutes of the 4th quarter? Overtime score does not count.
21. Which will be the highest scoring quarter? (If two quarters tie, the points are halved)
1st Quarter (+11)
2nd Quarter (+8)
3rd Quarter (+11)
4th Quarter (+9)
22. Will Russell Wilson and Peyton Manning combine for 500 or more passing yards? Backup QBs do not count.
23. Will both teams combine to score 55 or more points?
24. Final outcome of the game
Seahawks win by 11 or more points (+15)
Seahawks win by 6 - 10 points (+13)
Seahawks win by 1 - 5 points (+11)
Broncos win by 1 - 5 points (+10)
Broncos win by 6 - 10 points (+11)
Broncos win by 11 - 15 points (+13)
Broncos win by 16 or more points (+15)
25. What colour will the Gatorade (or liquid) be that is dumped on the head coach of the winning Super Bowl team?
Tie-breaker - How many yards will the longest TD of the game be? 42 yards