Super Bowl picks
Alex Burrows knows his football. To prove it, we’ve come up with a little friendly contest in honour of this weekend’s Super Bowl to see how you measure up against the Canucks forward in terms of NFL knowledge.
The contest (Note: There is no actual prize up for grabs, just bragging rights if you beat Burr) is simple, download THIS .PDF, make your picks, watch the game, then check Fort Nucks next week to see how you did against Burrows.
You can also download the .pdf HERE.
Fine, HERE too.
Below are Burrows’ picks so you know there’s no funny business going on. If you want to cheat and copy the picks of wise ol’ Burr, go ahead, but he’ll know. Somehow, he’ll know.
The game’s final score isn’t included so Burrows provided it as a bonus, he’s calling a win by the New England Patriots over the New York Giants, 28-21.
Make your picks before kickoff after 3 p.m. PST this Sunday!
ALEX BURROWS’ FORT NUCKS THINK YOU KNOW FOOTBALL SUPER BOWL PICKS
1. Will it take Kelly Clarkson 1min 33sec or longer to sing the National Anthem? Timer starts at “O” and ends at the last note of “Free”. Any screw ups, missed lyrics, or restarts in between do not matter.
2. Call the coin toss.
3. Team to score first in the game.
4. The first score of the game will be?
Field Goal or Safety (+11)
5. Will there be a score in the first six minutes of the 1st quarter?
6. Will the team that scores first win the game?
7. Team to commit first penalty in the game that is accepted with yards marked off.
8. The first turnover of the game.
No Turnovers (+19)
9. Team to commit the first turnover in the game.
10. Second quarter, under 10 minutes left, the first ad in the next commercial break is for:
Food (Pizza, burgers, chips, yogurt, etc.) (+10)
Technology (Mobile device, search engine, internet service, etc.) (+10)
Financial Services (Insurance, investing, credit card, etc.) (+10)
(Note: Tires are Other, not Car/Truck. e*trade is a Financial Service, not Technology.)
11. Will either team score in the last two minutes of the 1st half?
12. Will Madonna wear fishnet stockings at any point during the Halftime show?
13. Will there be a lead change in the second half? Must be a lead change, no ties.
14. Will a special teams or defensive TD be scored?
15. The Longest Field Goal made in the game will be:
1 – 32 yards (+12)
33 – 39 yards (+10)
40 – 46 yards (+8)
47 – 53 yards (+10)
54 or more yards (+12)
No Field Goals made (+15)
16. Will either team score in the last three minutes of the 4th quarter? Overtime score does not count.
17. Which will be the highest scoring quarter? (If two quarters tie, the points are halved)
1st Quarter (+11)
2nd Quarter (+8)
3rd Quarter (+11)
4th Quarter (+9)
18. Will Eli Manning and Tom Brady combine for 635 or more passing yards? Backup QBs do not count.
19. Will both teams combine to score 55 or more points?
20. Final outcome of the game
Giants win by 11 or more points (+15)
Giants win by 6 – 10 points (+13)
Giants win by 1 – 5 points (+11)
Patriots win by 1 – 5 points (+10)
Patriots win by 6 – 10 points (+11)
Patriots win by 11 – 15 points (+13)
Patriots win by 16 or more points (+15)
Tie-breaker: How many yards will the longest touchdown of the game be?